Hello Fellow Health Nuts!!! This caught my eye when reading online for health/nutritional information. I love cinnamon and knew it was good to help lower blood sugar..we add it to our coffee in the morning..My husband takes it in a pill form to help lower his blood sugar. Here are a few other benefits:
1. Studies have shown that just 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon/day can lower LDL cholesterol.
2. In a study published by U.S. Dept. of Agriculture Researchers, cinnamon reduced the spreading of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells.
3. It has an anti-clotting effect on the blood.
4. In a study at Copenhagen Univ., patients given 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon powder combined with 1 tbsp. of honey every morning before breakfast had significant relief in arthritis pain after one week and would walk without pain within month.
5. It inhibits bacterial growth and food spoilage when added to food, making it a natural food preservative.
6. It is also used to decrease cold symptoms when combined with honey and eaten every hours.
7. A study found that smelling cinnamon increases your cognitive function and memory.
8. It can fight the e. coli bacteria in unpasteurized juices according to Kansas State Univ. researchers.
9. It's a great source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium.
Cinnamon...does a body good....until the next health tidbit health passionistas!!!