Hello Health Nuts!!
Chronic inflammation (inside your body) has been linked to a wide range of illnesses, such as heart disease, chronic fatigue syndrome, and cancer...Lifestyle factors can contribute also--smoking, stress, being overweight, lack of exercise, and diet..
Here are 10 foods that can help decrease the inflammation and help prevent these deseases and cancer:
1. Salmon-high in omega-3 fatty acids, which reduce inflammation. Avoid farmraised salmon; its higher in arachidnic acid as well as toxins..
2. Walnuts-a source of omega-3s, also can help lower bad cholesterol...raw not salted.
3. Onions-high in quercetin, an antioxidant that inhibits enzymes that trigger inflammation. Quercetin is also found in dark grapes.
4. Blueberries-loaded with anthocyanins, a type of polyphenol antioxidant that boosts immunity and protects the body from free radicals, which trigger inflammation. Polyphenols are also found in green tea, another great antioxidant as well as white tea. Pomegranetes-even higher...
5. Sweet Potatoes-rich in caretenoids, antioxidants that boost immunity and minimize inflammation.
6. Spinach-rich in inflammation-fighting carotenoids, and immune-boosting vitamin E.
7. Garlic-potent anti-inflammatory and is rich in sulfur compunds which stimulate the immune system.
8. Pineapple-has Bromelain which is an enzyme that decreases inflammation and has some immune-enhancing benefits. Bromelain is also good for an upset stomach...
9. Ginger-anti-inflammatory..inhibits COX-2 enzymes...use your herb Ginger in fresh lemon water in the mornings...also good for nausea..
10. Turmeric-great anti-inflammatory..found in curry, contains curcumin...take 200 mg. a day..
Have a Healthy Day!!!